Getting Started as an Official
This is a guide to get you on the ice as a new level 1 official.
LEVEL 1 REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Once all of these steps are complete you will get a card and crest in the mail.
1. Register as an official with USA Hockey – https://membership.usahockey.com/
Note: Your officials number doesn’t contain any letters and will come in an email with the subject “USA Hockey Officiating Information”.
2a. Create a child’s profile if the official is under 18 – https://vimeo.com/227968764/d0d09556c7
3. Register and Attend a seminar – Registration is through the Course Portal – https://course.usahockey.com/public
4. Complete your open book exam through the courses portal
5. Complete SafeSport if your birth year is 2004 or earlier – https://www.usahockey.com/safesportprogram
6. Complete a background check if you are 18 or older as of June 1, 2021 – https://www.usahockey.com/backgroundscreen
The video below is a little dated, however most of the information still applies.